The Bottom Line on the Bottom Line

This is where you come on the net to find out why and how the entertainment business works from an industry insider

Friday, June 09, 2006

Willamette Writer's Conference- Portland, Oregon August 3-6, 2006

From August 3rd to 6th I'll be in Portland at the Willamette Writer's Conference:

http://www.willamettewriters.com/wwc06/

I encourage all of my blog-readers to attend, especially if they live in the Pacific Northwest.

At the Willamette Writer's Conference I'll be teaching two classes.

The first class on Saturday, August 5th from 3:30PM will be entitled
"SELLING CELLULOID- HOW DO MOVIE STUDIOS SELL AND MARKET A FILM?"
Here I'll be discussing all of the different ways studios wish to hit consumers and conversely how consumers affect the film's that studios choose to produce and how they choose to produce them.

The second class is on Sunday, August 6th from 3:00PM will be entitled
FROM RED TO BLACK: HOW MOVIE STUDIOS MAKE BACK THEIR MONEY
Here's I'll giving away the secrets on how studio accounting, spending and revenues are earned. Basically walking you through how a $200 million dollar budget film can recoup it's money and go from being "in the red" to profitable "in the black..."

I'd love to meet you all there and hopefully have you attend one or both of these classes....





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home